The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is to act as a liaison between University Health Services (UHS) administrators and the Florida State University (FSU) student body. SHAC will provide recommendations regarding the operation and services of UHS.
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is responsible for representing the student voice in issues related to health and wellness.
SHAC Members will
- Advocate for the health needs of students.
- Recommend policy changes to better meet student needs.
- Educate students about the resources offered at UHS.
- Conduct outreach to build UHS’s visibility.
- Assess UHS’s services to ensure student needs are met.
- Partner with student groups and other relevant organizations to address health disparities among the student population.
Members & Requirements
- Any university student is eligible to apply for membership.
- Members are selected based on the merits of their application and interest in the group. Prospective members will be voted upon by SHAC faculty advisors.
- To remain on SHAC, members must not have more than one meeting absence per semester. Additional absences will need to be approved by committee leadership.
- Members must also complete a minimum of 8.0 volunteer hours at UHS-sponsored events in order to remain active.
- Once accepted into SHAC, students may remain a member until their graduation, as requirements each semester.
- Membership is withdrawn by alerting members of the group of the withdrawal or by failing to meet attendance or volunteer requirements.
Please fill out our Interest form.
Fall 2021 meetings TBA
Can't make that time? We encourage you to still fill out an interest form and we can chat about how you can still be involved with SHAC!
For any questions regarding the Student Health Advisory Committee at Florida State, please email UHS-Marketing@fsu.edu .