Fees & Payments
Phone: (850) 644-5453 and (850) 644-1640
The office is staffed with experienced and dedicated professionals who will file your medical claims. They communicate with patients and insurance companies to ensure your claims are processed correctly and in a timely manner. We realize that the billing process can be confusing, so we are here to help you better understand what you can expect.
UHS is not a provider for Medicaid.
In-Network Insurance Plans
We bill all other Insurance plans BUT we are In-Network with the following at the present time:
- Florida Blue(formerly Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Network Blue/Blue Options
- Blue Choice/PPO
- Managed Choice(POS)
- United HealthCare
- Choice Plus
- PPO & POS
- United Behavioral Health
- Humana (ChoiceCare Network)
- OAP (Open Access Plus)
- Prime (Out-of-Network, Referral from your PCM is required)
- Capital Health Plan (CHP) (Out-of-Network for Physical Therapy)
Just because your insurance plan is in-network, doesn’t mean that all services will be covered or paid in full by the insurance company. You still may be responsible for co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles. If your insurance plan is out-of-network, we will still file your claim to the insurance company. However, most out-of-network plans pay less or none of the costs of your services. All insurance plans are different, so call your insurance company to verify benefits prior to your appointment. Their number is typically located on the back of your insurance card.
How Will I Be Billed?
Deductibles, Co-pays, Co-insurance, and charges not covered by your insurance plan will be billed to your Student Central Account after the insurance company has paid its share. This process may take from 30 to 90 days or more. Details on how you can pay these charges are located here: http://fees.fsu.edu.
How Do I Use My Insurance?
How your healthcare is paid for depends on whether you have health insurance and the type of coverage you have. The Insurance Billing Department will file insurance claims for services provided at the Health Center. To help us provide the best service possible, prior to your appointment, call your insurance company to verify your benefits. Their number is typically located on the back of your insurance card.
Here are questions you should ask:
- Is FSU-University Health Services (Tax ID: 59-1961248) In-Network?
- I want to be seen for [insert what you want to be seen for]. Is this covered under my insurance benefits?
- Am I responsible for a deductible, co-insurance or co-pay for this service?
- Do I need to get a pre-authorization for this service to be covered?