Students can receive injections in the Allergy Clinic at University Health Services if they are established with a private allergy physician who agrees to offsite administration of the allergy serum. We DO NOT perform skin testing for allergies. Regular follow up appointments with the prescribing physician are required.
You can make an appointment by calling the allergy clinic at 850-644-9492. The initial appointment in the allergy clinic will take approximately 45 minutes due to required paperwork. Routine allergy appointments take approximately 30 minutes. Allergy Clinic hours vary by semester.
The following is required from prescribing physician before students are eligible to receive allergy injections at University Health Services
- Signed Outside Order to Administer Allergy Injections (you may download this form from our website)
- Detailed dosage instructions (to include specific dose schedule, frequency, patient name & date of birth)
- Instructions for delayed/missed injections
- Instructions for management of local reactions
- Allergy serum (labeled with patient’s name and expiration date)
- List of serum contents
Once established with the Allergy Clinic, it is important to note the following:
- Complete instructions are required with each new vial or change in concentration.
- Reordering of allergy serum is the responsibility of the patient.
- The required waiting period after receiving an injection is a minimum of 20 minutes. If you do not wait, due to the possibility of an anaphylactic reaction, you will no longer be able to receive allergy injections at University Health Services.
Allergy patient health screen and discharge instructions will be completed with RN during initial visit.
Required forms to be completed by home allergist and faxed to UHS at 850-644-3379.