can receive injections in the allergy clinic at University Health Services if they are
established with a private allergy physician who agrees to offsite
administration of the allergy serum. We do not test for
allergies. Regular follow up appointments with the prescribing
physician are required
You can make an appointment by calling the
allergy clinic at 850-644-9492. The
initial appointment in the
allergy clinic will take approx 45 minutes due to required paperwork.
Routine allergy appointments take approximately 30 minutes.
following is required from prescribing physician before students are
eligible to receive allergy injections at University Health Services
letter or RX from the prescribing physician requesting administration
of allergy injections, stating you are under their care for defined
treatment & diagnosis.
- Physician name, address, office phone/fax numbers.
- List of all materials in allergy serum vials.
- Specific dosage and frequency of injections.
- Instructions for interruption of schedule (i.e., missed injections).
- Name of patient on each vial.
- The concentration of each vial.
- The expiration of each vial.
- Treatment of local/systemic reactions.
- Complete instructions with each new vial or change in concentration.
- (At University Health Services Allergy Clinic): Signed patient consent form.
- Reordering of allergy serum is the responsibility of the patient.
- Payment is required when services are rendered.
required waiting period after receiving an injection is a minimum of 20
minutes. If you do not wait, due to the possibility of an anaphylactic
reaction, you will no longer be able to receive allergy injections at
University Health Services.